Wednesday 24 October 2007

Breeding Angelfish?

Two of my four angels died in the aftermath of my neon tetra fiasco. Since I lost one member of each "pair" of angels, I figured that my chances of breeding them was pretty close to nil. However, the two surviving angels are now behaving like they intend to breed.

Over the last week or so, the angels became very aggressive with one-another. That was nothing new - when there were four fish, they fought over the tank. One pair claimed the central half of the tank, and forced the other pair to occupy the ends of the tank. But this behaviour was different - one fish would attack, but the other would stand its ground, but not fight back. More tellingly, they have taken to cleaning Echinodorus leaves. After reading Bill Dawes FAQ on breeding angels, it seems pretty likely that they are attempting to spawn.

No comments: