Monday 7 January 2008

Changing tank profile

Over the holidays, I lost several fish. The losses were not random - as a result of the deaths of my angels and neon tetras, I have very little activity in the mid-level areas of the tank. In addition to that, my purchase of six more corys means that I have a large and active community of "bottom dwellers". Since corys are clearly my favourites, I can't say I'm terribly upset with the situation, but I'm not quite sure what I want to do next.

Given all the open water, I would really like a nice school of tetras or something of the sort. But two trips to the pet store have failed to turn up anything that really jumped out at me. I'm tempted to get some more angels, but I just don't want large fish - they really end up limiting your options when it comes to smaller fish. I'd much rather have a school of small fish than a handful of big ones.

No comments: